Keen to communicate? We need someone with experience of creating social media content and writing press reports, keeping our members and followers engaged with updates on Pride and LGBTI+ events.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Overseeing the Oxford Pride social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) throughout the year, including writing content for posts, creating events, and responding to queries from members of the public (in liaison with the Creative and Accessibility Officers).
- Acting as a single point of contact for all media contacts, ensuring to receive agreement on the content of outgoing communications with Directors where required.
- Writing and sending press releases to raise awareness of Oxford Pride news and events, in online and print media, radio, TV, etc. (in liaison with the Entertainment, Festival, Community, Fundraising & Sponsorship Officers, and Directors).
- Providing ‘live’ social media content on Parade Day, with regular updates about ongoing events on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Externally presenting a unified message in relation to the decisions of Oxford Pride.
What do I need?
No previous experience necessary.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!