Superb position for a charity professional to become a trustee. We need a Non-Executive Director with knowledge of one or more of the following: Company & Charitable Law, Legal skills, HR Management, Risk Management, Fundraising, Health & Safety, Marketing and Financial Management to help guide our Directors and Team.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What is a Trustee?
Trustees provide an essential and legal requirement for all charitable organisations. Trustees are recruited to take overall responsibility of the organisation, ensuring that the charity delivers its charitable aims and works within both recommended and legal guidelines.
There are a number of responsibilities involved in becoming a Trustee and as such you are advised to read the publications available from the Charity Commission (www.charitycommission.gov.uk).
The Board of Trustees is made up of professional persons, proprietors, senior managers and directors. The team is lead by the Chair and supported by the Treasurer. In total there are five Trustee positions within the board.
All Board of Trustees and Management Committee are volunteers and dedicate a lot of time throughout the year to ensure the day-to-day management of Oxford Pride. Both the Trustees and Management Committee oversee this activity, but only the Trustees are involved in strategic decision-making.
What will I be doing?
- Overseeing all activities of the charity and acting as an advisor to the Management Committee.
- Ensuring that the charity complies with Charity Law and with the requirements of the Charity Commission as a regulator.
- Ensuring that the Management Committee prepare reports on what the charity has achieved, and file Annual Returns and Accounts as required by law.
- Ensuring that the charity does not breach any of the requirements or rules set out in its Policies, and that it remains true to the charitable purpose and objectives defined within.
- Acting as a neutral mediator should any dispute arise between any party (whether internal or external), with the ability to thoroughly investigate, produce a report on the dispute to the Members and Management Committee, and resolve the dispute.
What do I need?
You need to have essential knowledge of at least two of the following key skillsets & previous experience:
- Financial Management, Budget Setting and Accountancy
- Company and Charity Law
- Marketing and Communications
- Community Engagement
- Risk Management and Health and Safety
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
For this specific role only, you will need to complete an application pack and we will be in touch.