The role entails management of membership, filing of company statutory documents, being the first point of contact for the Charity, taking notes of all meetings including preparing & distribution of meeting agendas and minutes of meetings.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What is a Trustee?
Trustees provide an essential and legal requirement for all charitable organisations. Trustees are recruited to take overall responsibility of the organisation, ensuring that the charity delivers its charitable aims and works within both recommended and legal guidelines.
There are a number of responsibilities involved in becoming a Trustee and as such you are advised to read the publications available from the Charity Commission (www.charitycommission.gov.uk).
The Board of Trustees is made up of professional persons, proprietors, senior managers and directors. The team is lead by the Chair and supported by the Treasurer. In total there are five Trustee positions within the board.
All Board of Trustees and Management Committee are volunteers and dedicate a lot of time throughout the year to ensure the day-to-day management of Oxford Pride. Both the Trustees and Management Committee oversee this activity, but only the Trustees are involved in strategic decision-making.
What will I be doing?
- Overseeing new membership sign ups at each Annual General Meeting, providing and gathering membership forms and donations.
- Maintaining an up-to-date register of members and register of interests, which should be available to any other Director upon request.
- Supporting the Volunteer Officer to maintain an up-to-date register of volunteers, which should be available to any other Director upon request.
- Ensuring that Oxford Pride Group follows the UK Data Protection Act 2018 for the above and for all other storage of data, including promptly responding to queries about data, and requests to access rights to data.
- Coordinating correspondence with all members, including the advertisement of all meetings and provision of agendas.
- Taking minutes at all General Meetings, Board of Trustee Meetings, and the Annual General Meeting, and promptly circulating them to relevant members (this role may be delegated in the case of illness, exceptional circumstances, holiday, or other suitable agreed reason).
- Working with the Treasurer and the Chair to ensure the financial regulations and contracts are adhered to in line with Company Law, Charity Law, and the Policies of the charity.
- Listed as the Company Secretary and a Director on Companies House.
- Being available throughout the annual Parade Day to answer any queries and to be in charge of any donations taken on the day (excluding in the case of illness or other exceptional circumstances).
What do I need?
Ability to work to deadlines and knowledge of both Company and Charity Law however not essential.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
For this specific role only, you will need to complete an application form and we will be in touch.