The Treasurer has a watchdog role over all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Management Committee to safeguard the organisation's finances.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What is a Trustee?
Trustees provide an essential and legal requirement for all charitable organisations. Trustees are recruited to take overall responsibility of the organisation, ensuring that the charity delivers its charitable aims and works within both recommended and legal guidelines.
There are a number of responsibilities involved in becoming a Trustee and as such you are advised to read the publications available from the Charity Commission (www.charitycommission.gov.uk).
The Board of Trustees is made up of professional persons, proprietors, senior managers and directors. The team is lead by the Chair and supported by the Treasurer. In total there are five Trustee positions within the board.
All Board of Trustees and Management Committee are volunteers and dedicate a lot of time throughout the year to ensure the day-to-day management of Oxford Pride. Both the Trustees and Management Committee oversee this activity, but only the Trustees are involved in strategic decision-making.
What will I be doing?
- Managing, forecasting and budgeting of Oxford Pride Group accounts.
- Forecasting the costs of the Festival events and Parade Day, and associated fundraising events (in liaison with relevant Committee Officers).
- Issuing invoices and receipts for any income received.
- Issuing purchase orders for expenditure, to be matched to invoices.
- Providing a basic financial summary at all General Meetings, and a detailed financial report at the Annual General Meeting.
- Providing up-to-date accounts to any Member of the Group on request.
- Ensuring all monies are banked and recorded appropriately, in line with both Charity and Company Law.
- Filing Annual Returns and Accounts (in liaison with external accountants).
- Overseeing the financial regulations and contracts in line with Company Law, Charity Law, and the Policies of the charity (In liaison with the Chair and Secretary).
- Managing any grants or funding schemes Oxford Pride Group may make available from time to time.
- Being available throughout the annual Parade Day to answer any queries and to be in charge of any donations taken on the day (excluding in the case of illness or other exceptional circumstances).
- Must attend all Board of Trustee Meetings (excluding in the case of illness, exceptional circumstances, holiday, or other suitable agreed reason).
- Must assist the Chair in overseeing all activities of the Group, and step in as Acting Chair if for any reason the current Chair is unable to fulfil their duties.
What do I need?
Previous knowledge or experience of accountancy, knowledge of financial rules & regulations, ability to work to deadlines and knowledge of both Company and Charity Law however not essential.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
For this specific role only, you will need to complete an application form and we will be in touch.